Duplicate files are pretty common on modern computers. With huge capacities of hard disk drives, we save everything we want. Until one day we find out that our file structure is a mess, and there is no more space to save another important file.
Music Duplicate Remover will scan your audio collection and find duplicates that occupy precious disk space. It will analyze sound ("listen" to audio files), ID3 tags, technical parameters of your music files according to your choice. You can simply install the duplicate cleaner and start a search for duplicates with default settings that are good for most cases, but it is also possible to adjust settings so that they match your situation exactly. Three search schemes are preinstalled: by sound, by tags, by sound and by tags. You can change these schemes or create new ones, if necessary.
This smart duplicate finder tool supports most popular audio formats, such as MP3, WMA, OGG Vorbis, FLAC, APE, WAV etc. Move formats that you like up the list to let the program know that your prefer files in these formats. For example, if you prefer APE over FLAC, Music Duplicate Remover will list APE files as original ones, and their FLAC copies as duplicates. In the same way, you can remove duplicates with lower or higher bitrates by specifying bitrate priority. Important folders that should be left intact can be added to the non-duplicate list. Add less important folders to the duplicate list, Music Duplicate Remover will mark copies that it finds there as duplicates.
Powerful search and grouping options provide flexibility that is not available in other duplicate finder programs. At the same time, Music Duplicate Remover keeps its interface clean and simple. After installing the program, you can simply click the search button to find duplicate files on your computer and then click the duplicate delete button to remove duplicates.
Find and delete duplicates with Music Duplicate Remover, it's just fun!
» version 6.0 - posted on 2010-08-15
Music Duplicate Remover has been released.
EULA - End User License Agreement
PLEASE READ THIS SOFTWARE LICENSE AGREEMENT CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THE SOFTWARE.
BY CLICKING ON THE "ACCEPT" BUTTON OR OPENING THE PACKAGE, YOU ARE CONSENTING TO BE BOUND BY THIS AGREEMENT. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, CLICK THE "DO NOT ACCEPT" BUTTON AND THE INSTALLATION PROCESS WILL NOT CONTINUE.
This license agreement ("License") is a legal agreement between you and MANIACTOOLS.COM ("we") for the software product called Music Duplicate Remover ("Software") that you are about to download, install or otherwise use.
Music Duplicate Remover is protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws and is licensed, not sold.
1. The Software and any authorized copies that you make are the intellectual property of and are owned by MANIACTOOLS.COM The structure, organization and code of the Software are the valuable trade secrets and confidential information of MANIACTOOLS.COM Except as expressly stated herein, this agreement does not grant you any intellectual property rights in the Software and all rights not expressly granted are reserved by MANIACTOOLS.COM
2. The trial demo version of the Software may be freely distributed, with exceptions noted below, provided the distribution package is not modified. No person or company may charge a fee for the distribution of the Software without written permission from the copyright holder.
3. The free version demonstrates capabilities of the Software with certain limitations. To unlock all features of the Software you have to purchase a license.
4. THE SOFTWARE IS DISTRIBUTED "AS IS". NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND IS EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED. YOU USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR DATA LOSS, DAMAGES, LOSS OF PROFITS OR ANY OTHER KIND OF LOSS WHILE USING, FAILING TO USE OR MISUSING THIS SOFTWARE.
5. You may not copy, emulate, clone, rent, lease, sell, modify, decompile, disassemble, otherwise reverse engineer, or transfer the licensed Software, or any subset of the licensed Software, except as provided for in this License. Any such unauthorized use shall result in immediate and automatic termination of this License and may result in criminal and/or civil prosecution.
6. You may not transfer, rent, lease, sell, sublicense your rights in the Software.
7. We may change this License for any following version of the program.
8. Installing and using the Software signifies that you understand and accept these terms and conditions of the license.
9. If you do not agree with the terms of this License you must remove the Software from your storage devices and cease to use it.